20% OFF All Services.
*Minimum charges apply.
Hardwood Floor Cleaning
& Preservation Finish in Kirkland, WA
Can Hardwoods Last Forever?
Forever is a little longer than we can comprehend. However, your hardwood floors can last multiple generations when properly maintained and preserved. At Green Steam, we now offer a Hardwood Floor Cleaning Service. Our service can prolong life and restore shine to your hardwood floors.
Our multi-step cleaning method is the best way to clean hardwood floors. Aside from getting rid of all the dirt and grime, our hardwood refinishing services leave your floors looking shiny and new. You can count on us to provide high-quality, long-lasting hardwood floor services in Kirkland, WA.
Safe, Quick and Dust Free
We use our Wood Floor Care commercial grade cleaners to deep clean your floor. Our hardwood refinishing process includes applying a preservation finish to maintain the integrity of your floors and protect your original finish. This process removes dirt, dust, oil and other contaminants that can weaken wood flooring and eventually lead to costly repairs.
Moreover, our hardwood floor cleaning services remove soils and grit that is impossible to remove with products available to you. We will renew your floor and leave it ready for use in a matter of hours. And all of it with no messy sanding and the inconvenience that goes along with it. Our process is truly the best way to clean hardwood floors and preserve them for years to come.
The Preservation Finish
Our hardwood refinishing process includes applying a preservation finish. This is a satin finish, as most original finishes are. However, it is less likely to show scuffs and micro scratches as it wears.
What to Expect from Our Hardwood Floor Services in Kirkland, WA?
As your professional hardwood floor cleaning company, we are trained and prepared to:
1. Deep clean and prep your current floor finish to receive a new preservation finish. We use a professional high-speed rotating brush machine to lay down a specialty cleaning solution. We then agitate it and bring it directly back up with squeegees and a vacuum. This leaves the floor dry and ready for our new hardwood floor refinishing product.
2. Rinse and neutralize to bring up any remaining residue. We accomplish this with our unique hardwood floor cleaning products. The floor is now squeaky clean and ready for the next step.
3. Application of preservation finish. This finish will be your “wear” finish. It is applied to protect the original finish and keep your floors in great shape for generations to come.
This finish is a modified factory finish designed to bind to original urethane and aluminum oxide-based coatings. A thin but durable preservation coating is applied. Depending on traffic and use, we can repeat this process every year to keep your floors beautiful. It will not yellow or change the color of your original floor.
Will it Remove Scratches and Dents?
Our hardwood floor cleaning system does not remove any of the intact, original finish or wood. There is the option of applying a sanding or screening process. In this process, we would remove the finish along with some of the surface of the wood. However, although sanding removes the scratches and dents, this is a messy, time consuming and expensive process.
Our system has been proven to be the best way to clean hardwood floors. It will greatly improve the look of your floor.
Most micro scratches that dull your floor will be filled and disappear. Heavier scratches are coated over, but may still be visible. Dents in the wood remain but also be less visible.
Thousands of customers are enjoying the beauty of their hardwood floor again through application of the preservation system. We are sure you will love the results of our professional hardwood floor services.
Our job is to bring back the brilliance of your hardwood floor, not create hassle for our customers. Before our flooring contractors arrive, please make sure the floor is vacuumed, swept, or dust mopped.
We need to move light furniture and any breakables out of the work area. With your input we can decide what we need to move from the floor and what we can work around.
Did you know?
- If you neglect floors and furnishing, the finish can wear through. This, in turn, causes loss of stain color and damage to the actual wood. This will require extensive restoration including complete sanding, staining and refinishing. This process is expensive, time consuming and inconvenient. It may even require you to move out of your home during the process.
- Engineered wood floors can accept only two or three of the treatments described above over a lifetime. You will have to sand away wood veneer and replace the floors. It pays to maintain your floors.
- At Green Steam, we use a preservation system that is completely dust-free. You will not be cleaning up our dust months later as is the case with the sanding process. When we clean wood floors, we remove soil from your home, not add to it.
- Our preservation system is odorless, non-toxic and dries to the touch in about an hour. You can walk on the floor in your socks at that time. You can move furniture back in 24 hours and rugs after 48 hours. Your regular foot traffic can resume after 24 hours.
Our hardwood refinishing, cleaning and other hardwood floor services leave zero residue. This will keep your home and business cleaner longer.
Hardwood Floor Care
- Using dirt trapping walk-off mats at all exterior doors.
- Strong sunlight can cause fading of wood and wood stain. To avoid uneven appearance, move area rugs occasionally and drape or shade large windows to avoid direct sunlight on the wood.
- Apply fabric-faced glides to the legs of your furniture.
- Vacuum or dust your wood floor as often as you vacuum your carpet.
- Wipe up food and other spills immediately with a damp (not wet) clean cloth. Standing moisture can damage poorly finished floors
- Avoid soap and oils. They can build up and create problems. For cleaning, use cleaners that are specifically formulated for wood floors like our hardwood floor cleaner.
Our Before and After Pictures
Check out our previous work and see for yourself why our cleaning method is the best way to clean hardwood floors. We have helped plenty of people in Kirkland, WA with our professional hardwood floor cleaning services.
What Our Customers Have to Say
– Kim Donelson
– Sarah Reed
– Jon-Paul Boisvert
We'll respond quickly to your request.